Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been

    When I start quoting the Dead, you know the heat has finally gotten to me. It was almost this time last year when I began the quest of trying to put together my first big beer festival. And I am quite sure that I have teased you more than any french tickler in the world could have. There were a few ups,  but unfortunately there was a couple of big giant downs. It looked like all hope was lost and I was destined to be stuck in the corner with a beer dunce cap for the rest of the year.
     Well, I threw my cap on the floor and busted out of that little corner of the room. I went and put my Smiths and Cure records away and stopped staring at my shoes. (Bonus points for that musical reference) This time it's for real. No turning back. Not sleet, rain, hail, snow or the Kepler Mountain volcano erupting will stop me now!

ON NOVEMBER 19 2011, FROM 2PM TILL 6PM SHARP, AT THE HISTORIC SUNNYBROOK BALLROOM IN POTTSTOWN, I PRESENT BEERSGIVING, A THANKFUL CELEBRATION OF THE SEASONS FOOD AND BEER. TICKETS WILL BE $50 AND WILL GO ON SALE AUGUST 1 AT SUNNYBROOK AND AT SEVERAL LOCAL WATERING HOLES.

Damn, that's a lot of caps, but it had to be done. Now before all the threads start about what brewer is bringing what and what food will really be there and is the price too high cause I am making thousands of dollars off you suckers, let me pull a Richard Millhouse Nixon on ya. Let me make this perfectly clear, I will not make one cent off this fest. All proceeds AFTER we pay all the vendors goes to the Sunnybrook Foundation to continue fixing up the property. Booya!

I guess the next question out of your mouths is, information please Mr. Dan. You may always check in here for some fine info, but the place you need to go is Beersgiving. Now she is a pretty rough looking blog right  now, but that soon will change in a big, big way. You got my word on that.

No comments: