Tuesday, February 13, 2024

May The Schwartz Be With You

      No folks, it's not this great movie. Instead it's all the delicious versions of Schwartz bier that has been showing up at all the local breweries lately. From East Branch and Troubles End to Bier Hall and Von C,  one of my favorites styles for fall and winter, has been in great abundance lately. So, this past Saturday the 3rd, we took a ride out to the wonderful town of Skippack to pay a visit to Brothers Kershner. We were there for some leftover beer from the Dark Days event which was held on the 31st of January.  And we were not disappointed. Our server Miss Lexy brought out a mug of their Schwartz for me and a mild for my partner in crime. We were quite happy with our choices. That is until I saw a tray of sample glasses filled with nothing but darkness. How could I refuse to have one of them for myself?  So after twisting my own arm, I preceded to enjoy them one by one. The Imperial was one that kept trying to fool my taste buds and after talking to one of the fine people working that day, they also agreed with me. It had quite a anise taste in the beginning, but that slowly disappeared over time. And he confirmed that no anise was in the brewing process. He also filled my heart with joy by giving two small samples of the firkins. Moon-the mild and the imperial stout. But I think I felt even better when he said that the event was crazy busy that night. Proving once again that good beer and good service never goes out of style.

No comments: